Sunday, July 13, 2014

Dear Scarlet -- From Papa

Dear Peanut,

It's time to share with you the reason I call you Peanut. The Virginia peanut always forms with two nuts in the shell. Sometimes one of the peanuts doesn't quite form like the other but they are both there and you know what they are. Your older brother Kingston had a difficult time forming the way he should and succeeded in coming to earth and gaining all of the promises and blessings that an innocent child can. He is a remarkable example to remember and hold close to. You and he are those two peanuts.

You had the challenge of starting life very early and with the help of your Father in heaven and the medical miracles available to you, you jumped into this mortal experience with some great support.

I remember visiting you as often as I could for the weeks that you were being cared for in the hospital and yearning for the time that I could hold you and whisper in your ear just how much I love you. Those weeks were very long for me and when I did hold you, it was like touching heaven.

The determination shown in your eyes was that you were ready for life and it would have to be ready for you. Your personality is one that will make a difference for those who surround you.

May I remind you that you are an official member of the "Adventurers" club and you have an official grape soda bottle cap to prove it. As a member, it is your duty to glean and gain all that you can squeeze out of life. Listen to your mom and dad and follow their council and instructions. Remember that Kingston has already walked through doors we can only prepare for and that your older brother is a guardian angel for your family.

I have told you to be nice to Elliot. Not only because you are his older sister, but also because he is bigger that you, and always will be, and you will open doors for him as time passes. He will always look up to you for your support and love.

Watching you grow up is a great joy to me, just like watching your mother grow up. I love giving you a bad time and playing with you and sharing time with you and seeing you accept and participate in new challenges. You make me smile.

I love you Peanut!

Grandpa Dunn

P.S. Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment